Can Sales Associates Win in an Omnichannel World?

Can Sales Associates Win in an Omnichannel World?

The landscape The eCommerce sector is exploding worldwide with the annual growth rate through 2018 projected at 15 percent for eCommerce, compared to 5 percent for total retail.[i] Few companies can compete with Amazon on price, and fewer can compete with Amazon on delivery logistics. Today’s brands need to differentiate with unique offerings, a physical […]
How to Engage Shoppers and Decrease Bounce Rates

How to Engage Shoppers and Decrease Bounce Rates

It’s common knowledge that acquiring a new customer costs more than retaining an existing one.  Depending on which report you read, acquisition costs are said to be four to ten times higher.  If you Google “steps to acquire a customer,” typically your results will be an array of “top tips” that tell you to write […]
What Having an Omnichannel Strategy Really Means

What Having an Omnichannel Strategy Really Means

If you’re anyway involved in the retail space, the term “omnichannel” is probably not new to you.  The official definition (or at least the wiki definition) states that “multichannel or omnichannel retailing is the use of a variety of channels in a customer’s shopping experience including research before a purchase.”  “Channels” includes physical stores, online […]
Why Dad Deserves a Gift this Father's Day

Why Dad Deserves a Gift this Father’s Day

With Father’s Day approaching, I was keen to do a little research into the difference between dads today, compared to dads of the 60’s or 70’s. From my own personal experience, my husband has a far different relationship with our son compared to the relationship he has with his own dad; or even compared to […]
4 Conversion Strategies from Old School Retail

4 Conversion Strategies from Old School Retail

Step 1:  Attract shoppers to my site Step 2:  … Step 3:  Profit How hard could “Step 2” be? You have an amazing product! No one makes [insert your product] as well as you. Your conversion rate should be 95% (the other 5% are just digesting your amazing content and will come back later to buy).  […]
The Best Mother’s Day Gifts Come from Wishlists

The Best Mother’s Day Gifts Come from Wishlists

As a mother, I cannot dispute that anything I receive from my son on Mother’s Day is perfect – no wishlist required.  Whether it be a scribble on a Mother’s Day greeting card, a hand-drawn heart made at daycare, or a measuring cup that was purchased from a home wares store when dad gave him […]
How to Stop Wasting Time in Meetings

How to Stop Wasting Time in Meetings

I know it’s only April, but I just stepped out of the most heated team meeting of 2015. Frustration was apparent and there were some red faces.  Voices may have been raised and some of us were even using “you” sentences. As passionate as it was, it was the best meeting our team has had […]
Why Furniture Retailers Need an Omnichannel Strategy

Why Furniture Retailers Need an Omnichannel Strategy

Would I buy furniture online? My personal answer to that question is YES.  And NO.  Let me clarify.  I have bought furniture online.  But I wish I hadn’t.  Why?  The seats are hard.  The overall comfort is low.  And the colors are not what I was expecting.  And unlike returns of smaller items which are […]
Happy New Year from BevyUp

Happy New Year 2015 from the BevyUp Team!

Now that 2014 is in the rear view mirror, it’s time to look forward at the great things that 2015 will bring. We are coming back from the holidays with exciting plans. We will kick off the year 2015 with tons of new stuff.